I-59/20 Bridge Project Weekly Update, in BirminghamPosted on: August 4, 2018 at 6:17 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 4, 2018
I-59/20 Bridge Project Weekly Update, in Birmingham
(CBD) Central Business District Project – Phase II & Phase III
BIRMINGHAM– As construction continues in Birmingham to improve the I-59/20 and I-65 Interchanges, the Alabama Department of Transportation says drivers should expect delays this week.
There will be intermittent lane closures and ramp closures this week on I-59/20 Southbound, and I-65 Northbound and Southbound.
- Friday, August 3rd thru Monday, August 6th, there will be a double right lane closure through the middle of the junction on I-59/20 Southbound from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. each night.
- Friday, August 3rd thru Monday, August 6th, there will be a single left lane closure on I-65 Southbound between the 16th Street bridge and the 12th Court bridge from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m.
- Saturday, August 4th thru Wednesday, August 8th, there will be a single left lane closure on I-65 Northbound between 6th Avenue North and the 12th Court bridge between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day.
- Monday, August 6th thru Saturday, August 11th there will be a single left lane closure on I-65 Southbound between 3rd Avenue North and Green Springs Highway from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day.
- Also, Carraway Blvd. will be closed between 12th Avenue North and Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Friday, August 3rd, Monday, August 6th, Tuesday, August 7th, Thursday, August 9th, and Friday, August 10th
Detour signs for all closures will be in place. Please keep in mind that all construction plans can change due to weather and other factors. As always, use caution and obey the posted speed limits.
Message boards and all necessary traffic controls will be in place.
This work is a part of Phase II and Phase III of the I-59/20 Central Business District (CBD) Interchange and Bridge Replacement Project.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this Construction Operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT’s mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation network across Alabama. For additional information please visit our project website www.5920bridge.com and for traffic alerts and updates follow us on Facebook and Twitter @5920bridge.
# # #