I-59/20 Bridge Project Weekly Update, in BirminghamPosted on: October 27, 2018 at 8:47 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 27, 2018
I-59/20 Bridge Project Weekly Update, in Birmingham
(CBD) Central Business District Project
BIRMINGHAM– As construction continues in downtown Birmingham for Interstate Improvements, the Alabama Department of Transportation says drivers should expect delays.
There will be intermittent lane closures and ramp closures this week on I-65 Southbound, I-59/20 Northbound, Red Mountain Expressway, and Carraway Blvd.
- The I-65 SB off ramp to 17th Street N. will be closed from midnight until 5 a.m. on Monday, October 29th, and 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, October 30th thru Thursday, November 1st while the contractor replaces Bearing Pads.
- The 11th Avenue N. on ramp to I-65 SB will be closed from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. each night beginning Monday, October 29th thru Friday, November 2nd, while the contractor works on Punch List items.
- The I-59/20 NB ramp to I-65 NB will be closed Monday, October 29th from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. for Overhead Sign board exit cap modification.
- The I-65 SB off ramp to 6th Ave. N. will be closed Tuesday, October 30th from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. for Overhead Sign board exit cap modification.
- The Red Mountain Expressway ramp onto I-59/20 NB will be closed from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, October 29th thru Wednesday, October 31st for Barrier Rail installation.
- Carraway Blvd. between Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. and 11th Ave. N will be closed Monday, October 29th from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. for a Potholing Operation.
Detour signs will be in place where necessary. Please keep in mind that all construction plans can change due to weather and other factors. As always, use caution and obey the posted speed limits.
This work is a part of the I-59/20 Central Business District (CBD) Interchange and Bridge Replacement Project.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this Construction Operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT’s mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation network across Alabama. For additional information please visit our project website www.5920bridge.com and for traffic alerts and updates follow us on Facebook and Twitter @5920bridge.
# # #