Upcoming Daytime Closures for CBD Bridge Project, in BirminghamPosted on: July 11, 2018 at 5:00 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 11, 2018
Upcoming Daytime Closures for CBD Bridge Project, in Birmingham
(CBD) Central Business District Project – Phase II & Phase III
BIRMINGHAM– As construction continues in Birmingham to improve the I-59/20 and I-65 Interchanges, the Alabama Department of Transportation says drivers should expect delays as follows:
- I-65 Southbound from 6th Avenue North to University: single (left) lane closure – Saturday, July 14th, Sunday, July 15th, Saturday, July 20th, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day (forming & pouring OHSB).
- I-65 Northbound from the 12th Court Bridge to the16th Street Bridge: single (left) lane closure – Saturday, July 14th, Sunday, July 15th, 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day (forming & pouring OHSB 35).
- I-59/20 Southbound from 31st Street to Carraway: double (right) lane closure – Friday, July 13th, 8 p.m. until Sunday, July 15th, 5 a.m. (Abramson Patching).
- I-59/20 Southbound from 31st Street to Carraway: double left lane closure (or triple lane closure) – Friday, July 20th, 8 p.m. until Sunday, July 22nd, 5 a.m. (Abramson Patching).
- I-59-20 Southbound through the I-65 Interchange. Double lane closures July 13th until Sunday, July 15th.
Detour signs for all closures will be in place. Please keep in mind that all construction plans can change due to weather and other factors. As always, use caution and obey the posted speed limits.
Message boards and all necessary traffic controls will be in place.
This work is a part of Phase II and Phase III of the I-59/20 Central Business District (CBD) Interchange and Bridge Replacement Project.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this Construction Operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT’s mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation network across Alabama. For additional information please visit our project website www.5920bridge.com and for traffic alerts and updates follow us on Facebook and Twitter @5920bridge.
# # #