November 9, 2018
(CBD) Central Business District Project
BIRMINGHAM– As construction continues in Birmingham to improve the I-59/20 and I-65 Interchanges, the Alabama Department of Transportation says drivers should expect delays this week.
There will be Intermittent lane closures and Ramp closures this week on I-65 Northbound, I-65 Southbound, I-59/20 Southbound, Red Mountain Expressway, and Carraway Blvd.
- The Red Mountain Expressway NB ramp onto I-59/20 NB will be closed Sunday, November 11th and Monday, November 12th from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. for Barrier Rail Installation and Bridge Cap construction.
- The I-65 SB off ramp to 17th Street will be closed Monday, November 12th, from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. for Exit Cap Modifications.
- The I-59/20 SB Exit Ramp to Carraway Blvd. will be closed Monday, November 12th, and Tuesday, November 13th, while the contractor works on Overhang Jacks.
- The I-65 SB off ramp to 6th Avenue North will be closed Tuesday, November 13th, from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. for Exit Cap Modifications.
- Carraway Blvd. Northbound will close between 11p.m. and 5 a.m. each of the following nights, Monday, November 12th through Thursday, November 15th for Median and Island Demolition.
Detour signs will be in place where necessary. Please keep in mind that all construction plans can change due to weather and other factors. As always, use caution and obey the posted speed limits.
This work is a part of the I-59/20 Central Business District (CBD) Interchange and Bridge Replacement Project.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this Construction Operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.